Analyst – Power System and Market Integration
Belgian Offshore Platform, Brussels, Belgium
The Belgian Offshore Platform (BOP) is a non-profit association of investors and owners of wind farms in the Belgian part of the North Sea. The BOP was founded in 2011 to advocate the development of wind energy in the Belgian waters of the North Sea. Offshore wind energy in the Belgian North Sea amounts today to an installed capacity of 2,262 MW. This can generate an average of 8 TWh of green electricity per year, which is about 10% of the total electricity demand in Belgium. By 2030, the offshore wind capacity in the North Sea will continue to grow to 6-8 GW, which will cover about 30% of the electricity demand with wind energy in the Belgian North Sea.
We are looking for an analyst to lead BOP’s activities in power system and market integration, grid planning and development, electricity market design and grid codes.
In the role of BOP’s power system and market integration analyst, your main responsibilities will be:
- Technology and market intelligence:
- Develop BOPs market intelligence on topics about power system and market integration, such as the drafting of publications and assessment of regulatory developments;
- Develop BOP’s activity regarding policy and regulation for grid planning, grid development, grid codes and electricity market design;
- Work in close collaboration with BOPs members and external network, and stakeholders to prioritise challenges and opportunities and deliver an annual work programme of activities related to power system and market integration;
- Support the publications of reports, internal briefings, interactive data tools, presentations.
- Develop and maintain an extensive advocacy network across the federal institutions, authorities, but also international organisations and other stakeholders relevant to this role;
- Formulate policy recommendations for decision makers to improve political and legal frameworks relevant to power system and market integration;
- Write policy positions papers, reports, presentations and general materials related to the specific areas of expertise;
- Participate in external events and perform presentations to promote and disseminate BOP’s messages to external audiences;
- Participate and actively contribute to BOP’s events;
- Answer external stakeholders queries relevant to power system and market integration, policies and other wind energy related topics or WindEurope work.
- Education: Master’s degree in economy, engineering, science or law;
- Candidates with power grid and/or power market background will be prioritised;
- Knowledge on Belgian and EU policy for power system and markets is an asset.
- Preferably 3 years of relevant work experience in the energy sector, involving the collection and analysis of data and redaction of technical reports;
- Experience with the coordination of multiple-stakeholder groups including industry and policy makers is a plus.
- Good technical knowledge on energy, power grids and markets;
- Analytical skills, rational and strategic approach;
- Ability to manage complex organisational and political relationships;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills;
- To enjoy meeting new people and building a network of internal and external stakeholders;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Strong ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Good time management and ability to prioritize;
- Thrives in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment;
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently;
- Computer literate (MS Office, Outlook, website management, internet search engines).
- Dutch is mandatory, with French and English (fluent written and verbal);
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Challenging and enthusiastic environment;
Deadline is 27 June 2022.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to ml[@]belgianoffshoreplatform.be
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted 2 weeks post-deadline